Note: this is a Champion feature. If you are not a member of a Champion, this will not be a feature available to you. Find out more about non-Champion features here!
Intro to RSS Feeds
RSS (an acronym for Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. News-related sites, blogs, and other online publishers syndicate their content in an RSS feed to whoever wants it. Many Champions have content created on a variety of sites. Why not automatically pull that content into your Feed in the platform? This helps keep your Feed fresh and provides easy access to all of your external web content.
There are four types to choose from when adding a new RSS feed:
- Podcast to host audio streams.
- Video to play YouTube and Vimeo files.
- Calendar to surface calendar event information.
- Most calendar or event services do not have an RSS feed available, so you'll probably need to use a service like Zapier or IFTTT to create an RSS feed
- Content to link to articles from Wordpress, Medium, and other sites.
- Using a service like Zapier or IFTTT you can put almost anything into an RSS content feed!
Steps to add a RSS Feed
- Log in to polymer.gloo.us
- Switch to a Champion perspective
- From the top navigation, click the Admin tab
- Click the RSS Feeds tab
- Click Add a feed
- Click Select feed type and click on the appropriate feed type
- Paste the RSS Feed URL into the Feed URL text box
- Click Check Feed
- Double check the Preview of the Feed looks accurate before publishing the feed
- Click Add Feed
Our system checks for new RSS Feed items every hour on the hour. If you don't see a new post right away, give it a little time. 🙂
- Currently we only support single RSS Feed types. If you have an RSS Feed that aggregates multiple types of content, it will cause the posts to display incorrectly on your Feed. To ensure your RSS Feed will display correctly, be sure to preview the Feed URL by clicking Check Feed when configuring a new Feed.
- Want to learn more about what each RSS Feed type can do? Check out our main RSS Feed article for more!