Note: this is a Champion feature. If you are not a member of a Champion, this will not be a feature available to you. Find out more about non-Champion features here!
Advanced Invitations allow for Champions to customize an onboarding experience, so participants automatically land in the most relevant content. Any user can create an Invitation, but Advanced Invitations help Champions create a more robust and customized experience than a User Invitation.
Advanced Invitations include additional functionality:
- Customize the app download experience
- Select a white label app for the recipient to download and use
- Choose where the recipient will land after accepting the Invitation
- Configure what the user will be added to & assigned
- Automatically connect users to other users or Champions
- Automatically add all Invitation recipients to a Cohort
- Assign To-Do items
- Customize the appearance of each Invitation
- Upload an image to the Invitation
- Customize reusable Invitation links and codes
- Log in to polymer.gloo.us
- Switch to a Champion perspective
- From the top navigation, click Admin
- Click the Invitations tab
- Click the Create an Invitation button
- Configure your Invitation
- Set a Name for the Invitation (This is only seen by you)
- Set a Welcome Title (This is seen by the Invite recipient and will appear as [Your Name] has invited you to [Welcome Title].)
- Set a Personal Message (This is seen by the Invite recipient underneath the Welcome Title)
- Set an Invitation Image
- Add Content
- Add Space (optional)
- Add To-Do List Items (optional)
- Add Connected Champions (optional)
- Add Connected Users (optional)
- Configure the Landing page
- Configure the Native App to prompt recipients to download/use
- Add People to Invite by searching for people you know already have accounts and clicking the name(s) to add them, or by typing in the email address of someone who doesn't yet have an account to invite them
- Click Send
Since email addresses may not be available with in-person onboardings, using an Invite Code (app only) or Web Link (app or web) may be the best strategy.
For Invite Codes, instruct users to...
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Sign up for an account
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Enter an Invite Code
- Enter the code and tap OK
For Web Links, instruct users to...
- Open a supported web browser
- In the address bar, type the Web Link and then open it
- Sign up for an account
- Click OK, Let's Get Started
Champions can enter email addresses into an Advanced Invitation on polymer.gloo.us. This is generally the preferred option for onboarding virtually, because you can monitor who has been sent an Invitation and see who has accepted.
If you do not have participants' email addresses, or if onboarding may be more successful with more context, copy the Advanced Invitation's web link and distribute it via email, text message, or elsewhere.
When a Champion creates an Advanced Invitation, a cohort is automatically created with the same name as the Invitation. When a user accepts an Invitation, they are automatically added to that cohort. Users do not see cohorts they're a part of.